ACUITY Instruments Adjustable Short Shifter 2016-2017 10th Gen Honda Civic 6-Speed
Robust enough for the track, Refined enough for the street:
Easily the most capable shifter available for the 10th Gen Civic, the beauty of the ACUITY Fully Adjustable Performance Shifter is due in part to the careful attention to detail and rigorous testing that went into its nearly 2-year design process. Gear throw and gate spacing are independently adjustable and allow for mild to rather extreme reductions compared to stock. Using these adjustments, it’s quite easy to tune the H-pattern spacing of your shifter to your exact liking. To permit the most personalized shift, the knob is both height and position adjustable, with laser markings indicating safe adjustment ranges.The shifter’s frame is built from a careful combination of aluminum and stainless steel, to improve the frame’s stiffness while being mindful of weight. A large-diameter, aluminum pivot ball in a wear-compensating, spherical race provides smooth shifting with minimal friction and great long-term resistance to play. Centering is quick, decisive and consistent, compliments of a thick, over-wound centering spring and re-engineered spring perches. The spherical joint in the rocker has been heavily upgraded over the OEM design to allow for wear-compensation, to avoid the play that typically develops in the OEM shifter. To aid in installation, this shifter is equipped with unique base bushings that feature an o-ring fastening design that allows them to stay affixed to the shfiter.
- Throw can be adjusted to the user’s preference and reduced substantially if desired.
- 29%-55% reduction in throw on the Sport
- 24%-52% reduction in throw on the Si
- 15%-46% reduction in throw on the FK8 CTR
- Gate spacing is also adjustable and can be adjusted to the user’s preference.
- 0%-36% reduction in gate spacing on the Sport
- 2%-37% reduction in gate spacing on the Si
- 10% increase to 30% reduction in gate spacing on the FK8 CTR
- Knob height adjustable +24mm/-10mm compared to stock
- Aluminum and Stainless Steel frame for efficient compliance reduction
- Honed bronze bushings and wear-compensating spherical joints for longevity and minimal play
- Stiffer, over-wound spring improves centering action
- Includes aluminum base bushings
What to Expect:
Expect a significantly different and more sporty shifting experience, even when compared to our Stage 2 shifting kit and other aftermarket shifting upgrades. At first, it may take some time to adjust to the extreme reductions in throw and gate spacing, as well as the stiffer centering action, but in a short while, you will find the shifter’s precision, short throws, narrow gates and snappy centering making every driving experience an opportunity to put a smile on your face. You will likely find that the improved precision will lend to more confidence in quick shifts and more consistent shifting in general. Because the shifter is made from much stiffer materials than the stock shifter, shifts will feel more rigid, defined and confidence-inspiring during spirited driving. The discerning driver will notice more feedback from the gearbox compliments of this rigid construction; this can be useful in determining the quality of your footwork on the clutch and shift timing. The exact shifting feel is largely up to you, and we highly suggest you take time tuning the gate spacing and throw to your liking before reinstalling the console. The exact ratio of throw distance to gate spacing is a very personal matter; take advantage of the adjustments to make the H-pattern perfect for you. The joints in Acuity’s shifter are carefully designed to be low-friction and very efficient at wear-compensating. This means that your shifter will give you a much longer service life than an OEM shifter before any signs of wear are noticeable.
- 2016+ Honda Civic Sport*
- 2017+ Honda Civic Si*
- 2017+ Honda Civic Type R*
- 2016+ Honda Civic (all trims) with 6mt gearbox*
*Note: Fits both Left-Hand-Drive and Right-Hand-Drive vehicles.