- Kpro For USE with 05-06 Acura RSX Chassis.
- Preloaded with over 20 Base Maps for instant Power!
- A powerful tool for unlocking your engine's true performance.
- The first mod every Honda owner should start with!
- US MARKET ONLY. If you are outside of the US please contact your local dealer.
- If you send in your ECU to Hondata ships 2-3 days from when they get it. If we source the ECU expect 1 week before it gets to Hondata.
This is a Hondata modified 2002-2004 RSX TYPE-S ECU and an adapter harness for the 05-06 Acura RSX
Hondata makes hardware modifications to the 2002-2004 ECU enable it to work with the different sensors and actuators found on the 2005-2006 ECU. After these modifications, the ECU will not function correctly on a 2002-2004 RSX.
Hondata only sells adapter harness with the modified ECU. An unmodified 02-04 ECU with adapter harness (with or without KPro) will not work on a 05-06 RSX without the internal ECU modifications performed by Hondata.
The 05-06 K-Pro is only certified to work in an 05/06 RSX. Engine swaps using an 05-06 RSX engine and gearbox into another chassis are not supported with the 05/06 K-Pro and adapter harness.
A primary oxygen sensor from the 02-04 RSX or 02-05 Civic Si must be used. The 05-06 RSX O2 sensor will not work.
Some sensors must be disabled to eliminate errors generated by the ECU.
The speed sensor spins about 100 times faster on the 05/06 RSX gearbox as compared to the 02-04 RSX. Above 65-70 MPH cruise control may not function smoothly and may cancel from time to time.
What is the K-Pro ECU?
The K-Pro ECU is a specially modified 2002 to 2004 Honda ECU with a USB interface to a notebook PC running Windows. It is currently available for the standard shift Acura RSX base model and Type-S, the US Civic Si and the Euro Civic Type R. K-Pro ECU Manager software allows the setting of cam angle, ignition advance, fuel, and a variety of other aspects. The purpose of the K-Pro ECU is to fine-tune the Honda ECU for best possible engine performance under various operating conditions and with various engine configurations. It also allows you to disable the immobilizer which is particularly important to those people performing engine swaps.
What ECU do I need to send in? Can Lightning Motorsports provide me with an ECU?
- If you choose for us to supply a premium core ECU for you we will order a PRB Type S ECU. The benefit of this ECU is you can keep reverse lockout. This is not critical and not required.
If you do NOT purchase an ECU from us you must send in a comptable ECU as seen in the images.
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ORDERING.
- Purchase Hondata KPRO via our online store.
- Click Here
- Print and fill out KPRO form
- Box up your ECU along with the printed and signed form
- Ship to: Hondata Inc 2840 Columbia St Torrance, CA 90503 (The shipping costs that you pay at checkout is the RETURN shipping. You are responsible for the costs to ship your CORE ECU to Hondata.)
No ECU is included with this purchase unless you select the option for Lightning Motorsports to provide an ECU. If you do not purchase an ECU from Lightning Motorsports, you are responsible for sending in an ECU.
WE WILL ONLY SHIP TO ADDRESSES IN THE USA
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE THE 2005-2006 RSX AND WISH TO USE THE KPRO YOU MUST SEND IN A 2002-2004 RSX TYPE-S ECU. NO OTHER ECU IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE THE 2005-2006 RSX KPRO.
Who should use it?
Anyone who wants to a) take full advantage of modifications, from simple bolt-ons to extensive engine work, by tuning the engine specifically for those modifications, b) monitor the engine via data logging, and c) learn how numerous variables inside the engine relate to one another and how they are influenced by making changes to fuel delivery, ignition timing, cam angle settings, and other variables.
The K-Pro is far more than just another performance modification. It is a tool to monitor and change the operation of the ECU which, in turn, monitors and orchestrates the operation of standard “conventional” modifications such as less restrictive air intakes, headers, intake manifolds, cams, exhaust systems, and even super and turbochargers. Unlike those “passive” modifications, the K-Pro is an “active” modification. Its operation must be learned and understood. If used properly, the K-Pro is key to unlocking the true potential of a Honda engine. If not, it may become an incomprehensible source of frustration. It may even harm the engine if inappropriate changes are made and uploaded to the ECU.
A prospective K-Pro user should, therefore, expect a learning curve. Those unfamiliar or unwilling to learn K-Pro operation and the principles behind it can still use the K-Pro to good advantage, but they should expect to pay a tuner to tune the car properly. Tuning may be necessary not only to get the best possible performance but also because the base K-Pro calibration may cause the engine to knock. That’s because unlike the Hondata reflashes which are safe one-size-fits-all maps, the K-Pro calibrations are much more aggressive because, after all, K-Pro users can always modify the calibrations to make them fit their engines. Those willing to spend the time learning the K-Pro will find it an incredibly powerful tool for unlocking the true potential of their engines. Those do not feel up to it and do not want to foot the expense of having a professional tune their K-Pro can always resort to Hondata’s static ECU reflashes.
- Fits inside the ECU
- Designed and assembled in USA
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- KManager Windows-based software for parameter & table editing, calibration uploading, and data logging.
- Many built-in calibrations for common engine combinations
- Built-in data logging to a laptop
- Onboard data logging memory (8 MB memory, 10-215 minutes data logging)
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim.
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from lean air-fuel ratios, over boost and low oil/fuel pressure.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Three multi-purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar.
- Supports lambda tracing from the stock wideband o2 or aftermarket wideband.
- PWM output for boost control
- Bluetooth support and Hondata Mobile app.
- Ethanol sensor input for flex-fuel capability.
- Alternate speed sensor input.
- Dash output serial & CAN streams.
- Live tuning and auto-tune.
KManager editing software features:
- High and low speed 16 x 20 ignition and fuel tables at multiple cam angles for correct VTEC and VTC tuning.
- Injector size fuel trim
- Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
- Rev limiter with fuel cut
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
- Adjustable idle speed
- MAP sensor type and calibration
- Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
- Closed loop control
- Air temperature compensation
- Fuel and ignition correction based on gear
- Closed loop
- Three general purpose outputs for nitrous control, quad boost control or similar
- On board datalogging trigger conditions
The modified ECU with a big Hondata sticker on it. K-Pro Manager software and USB drivers on a CD. Installation instructions. A six-foot USB cable 2 silver Hondata stickers. The modifications included installation of a 1.75 x 4.5-inch Hondata-branded daughterboard. This required soldering a couple of connectors onto the motherboard. I analyzed the daughterboard because I was curious as to what it does. The two main chips on it are: In addition, Hondata made a small cutout in the rear wall of the ECU housing to accommodate a standard USB connector.
As is usually the case with USB peripherals, the USB driver must be installed before the ECU is plugged in for the first time. After that, the ECU can be connected to the computer even if it is not in the car. The PC will then recognize it and install the proper driver. When it first came back, I simply connected the K-Pro ECU to my notebook and installed the USB driver. Then I put it back into its mounting bracket in the passenger footwell of the car and reconnected the various cables.
- NOTE: See Important CARB/EPA notes for this product